Provider: National Center for Education Statistics
Extras Administration: Affidavits
Language from Contract:
IV.4.B. 1-5 Execution of affidavits of nondisclosure.
1. Licensee shall provide a copy of this agreement, together with the Security Plan Form (Attachment No. 3) to each PT/S of the licensee who will have access to subject data and shall require each of those PT/S to execute an affidavit of nondisclosure. Licensee shall also provide a copy of the attached Security Plan Form, and the abstracted statement of the statistical purpose for which the data were supplied, to each independent researcher approved by IES who the licensee intends to have access to subject data and shall require each of those researchers to execute an affidavit of nondisclosure.
2. The Licensee must ensure that each individual who executes an affidavit of nondisclosure reads and understands the materials provided to her or him before executing the affidavit.
3. Licensee shall ensure that each affidavit of nondisclosure is notarized upon execution.
4. Licensee may not permit any individual specified in paragraph II.A. to have access to subject data until the procedures in paragraphs IV.B.1. through 3. of this license are fulfilled for that individual.
5. Licensee shall promptly, after the execution of each affidavit, send the original affidavit to IES and shall maintain a copy of each affidavit at the licensee's secured facility protected under this license.