The Population Studies Center Library serves the information and research needs of the ISR community. The Library also serves as a resource to researchers and the general public for information about survey and social research at the Institute for Social Research. The library staff strives to organize and provide access to current and historical ISR research results. We have gathered the following survey research resources for your reference. Please feel free to contact library staff for further assistance.
On PSC Library Reference Shelf
- Encyclopedia of Social Measurement, edited by Kimberly Kempf Leonard.
Boston: Elsevier/Academic, 2005.
H 62 .E53 2005
- Handbook of Research Design & Social Measurement, edited by Delbert C. Miller, Neil J. Salkind.
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2002.
H 62 .M44 2002
- Handbook of Longitudinal Research: Design, Measurement, and Analysis, edited by Scott Menard.
Burlington, MA : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2008.
BF 76.6 .L65 H36 2008
- Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes, edited by
John P. Robinson, Phillip R. Shaver, Lawrence S. Wrightsman. San Diego, CA: Academic
HM 251 .R739 1991
- Measures of Political Attitudes, edited by John P. Robinson, Phillip R.
Shaver, Lawrence S. Wrightsman. San Diego: Academic Press, 1999
HM 251 .R739 1993
- Tests: A Comprehensive Reference for Assessments in Psychology, Education, and
Business, 6th Edition, Taddy Maddox. Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.
BF 176 .T43 2007
- International Journal of Public Opinion Research
Full text (1996-one year ago)
- Journal of Official Statistics
Full text (1985-)
- Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods Section, American Statistical Association
Online edition (1978-2009)
- Public Opinion Quarterly
Full text (1996-present)
- Quality and Quantity
Full text (1967-present)
- Sociological Methodology
Full text (1997-present)
- Sociological Methods & Research
Full text (1972-present)
- Survey Methodology
31(2) 2005 – present (print) Full text (2000-present)
- Survey Research Methods
Full text (2007-)
Examples of survey methods books in the PSC Library collection. Many more can be found by searching the library catalog and ISR Publications 1944-1995.
- Survey Sampling, Leslie Kish. New York, NY: Wiley and Sons, 1965
HN 29 .K62 1965
- Introduction to Survey Sampling, Graham Kalton. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications, 1991.
HA 29 .K3181 1991
- The Survey Kit, Volumes 1 – 10. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2002.
HN 29 .S724 2002 v. 1-10
- Survey Methodology, 2nd Edition, Robert M. Groves, et al. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
HA 31.2 .S873 2009
- Survey Errors and Survey Costs, Robert M. Groves. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Interscience, 2004.
HB 849.49 .G76 2004
- Designing Effective Web Surveys. Mick P. Couper. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2008
HM 538 .C78 2008
- Methods for Testing and Evaluating Survey Questionnaires. Mick P Couper, et al. New York: Wiley, 2004.
HM 538 .M48 2004
- Leslie Kish : selected papers. Kalton, Graham, and Steven Heeringa. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley, 2003.
HM 538 .K572 2003
- International Handbook of Survey Methodology, Edith D. de Leeuw, Joop J. Hox, and Don A. Dillman. New York: Psychology Press, Taylor & Francis, 2008.
HA 31.2 .I565 2008
- Scale development: theory and applications. DeVellis, Robert F. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. 2012.
H 61.27 .D481 2012
- Mixed Method Data Collection Strategies. Axinn, William G., Pearce, Lisa D. New York, Cambridge University Press. 2006.
HB 850 A95 2006
- Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research. John W. Creswell, Vicki L. Plano Clark. Los Angeles: Sage. 2011.
H 62 .C6962 2011
Social Research at ISR