Defining and Fufilling Hardware and Software Needs
PSC Computing Support provides assistance to Center researchers in defining and fulfilling hardware and software needs for their research projects.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Suggesting configurations for dedicated computing hardware, including, but not limited to, desktop computers, portable and laptop computers, peripherals (e.g. printers), and dedicated servers.
- Identifying suitable computer software for data collection, management, and analysis (working with Data Services).
- Identifying needed shared resources (both within PSC and ISR, as well as the wider-University IT environment) for a proposed research project (including file storage space, access to shared workstation and virtual computing resources).
- Developing preliminary quotations for hardware and software purchases.
- Reviwing proposals for implications and impact on PSC and ISR Computing Environment.
- Procurement of required hardware and software (full assistance in the procurement process including identifying vendors, developing quotes, and placing orders - working with Administration).
- Receiving and deploying ordered hardware and software including necessary property control procedures.
- Full life-cycle support for dedicated hardware and software, including appropriate disposal/recycling.
Who to contact:
First point of contact: Ricardo Rodriguiz, Director of PSC Computing Support, 763-2090
Also: PSC Computing Support staff, 763-1567
Generally available statistical software at PSC.