Monday, Jan 12
Filiz Garip, Changing Dynamics of Mexico-U.S. Migration
a PSC Research Project [ARCHIVE DISPLAY]
Investigator: Charles C. Brown
Helena Stolyarova will be involved in component project 4 of the P01, which is concerned with “Measuring Pension Outcomes.” One of the objectives of the work will be to construct reliable measures of pension incentives and pension wealth from data in the Health and retirement Study (HRS). Helena brings to this her profound knowledge of the data and her expertise regarding the HRS pension calculator, which she has completely reprogrammed. Furthermore, she is involved in ongoing HRS activities on improving the data quality of pension information obtained from respondents’ employers. In component project 4 of the P01 she will collaborate with program project staff, in particular with Rohwedder, on improving the pension measures in the HRS. Stolyarova’s tasks on this project will be:
• Test and apply the reprogrammed HRS pension calculator.
• Modify assumptions and estimate the sensitivity of key pension measures such as pension wealth to the assumptions.
• Assess the sensitivity of the pension measures to imputed respondent information in the case of missing information.
• Examine data across waves for patterns that suggest data errors.
• Compare finding on DC plans with results from the DC calculator constructed by Engelhardt.
• Communicate to the other projects in the P01 the features and uses of the pension calculator.
|Funding:||National Institute on Aging (P01 AG022481)|
Funding Period: 07/15/2004 to 06/30/2009
This PSC Archive record is displayed for historical reference.