Mon, Sept 19 at noon:
Paradox of Unintended Pregnancy, Jennifer Barber
a PSC Research Project
As the contracting institution for this project, staff at the University of Michigan will be performing the following administrative, data processing, analysis, and writing tasks for this project.
1) Organize and host three 2-day meeting of advisory board, one 1-day meeting of disclosure review board, and one 2-day meeting of project team, as well as compile and distribute materials for these events.
2) Conduct reviews of the disclosure and survey methodology literature.
3) Construct small-area estimates of human populations.
4) Construct approximate contextual measures for disclosure assessments (using data provided by Iowa?s GSS Pilot survey and the data accessed through Michigan Census Research Data Center, MCRDC).
5) Develop methods and measures for three different assessments of disclosure risk, analytical utility, and disclosure survey costs.
6) Conduct assessments of disclosure risk and analytical utility for the 2010 and 2012 GSS Pilot data as well as for survey data provided through the MCRDC at the University of Michigan (if time allows and there is interest, conduct third assessment of disclosure survey costs).
7) Develop and validate models used in the prediction of survey respondent characteristics (using data provided by Iowa?s GSS Pilot survey).
8) Formulate sampling designs used in simulations (Michigan as lead, with Iowa assisting).
9) Create synthetic contextual data used in simulations.
10) Formulate experiments and run simulations to gather estimates of disclosure risk, analytical utility, and disclosure survey costs for a large number of datasets that vary in their sampling and database designs.
11) Produce analyses of simulation data as requested by principal investigators.
12) Produce 8 to 9 papers (Michigan and Iowa as joint collaborators).
13) Present research at four national conferences over the last two years of the project.
|Funding:||Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research, NIH (1 R01 HD 067184 01 A1)|
Funding Period: 01/16/2012 to 11/30/2017