Back in September
a PSC Research Project
Investigators: Beth-Ellen Pennell, Steven Heeringa
SRO?s and the ISU?s work on this project will include supporting the main production phase of the Saudi National Mental Health Survey (SNMH). Over the past year, SRO staff have provided survey design, management, staff training, and technical support for the SNMH survey and have successfully helped in implementing the first pilot phase of this project.
The pilot training and field production was conducted between May 18 and June 12, 2011. The pilot study successfully collected 74 complete interviews and 6 partials and was essential in testing the survey design features, technical systems, staff knowledge and skills, the overall survey process and its monitoring.
Based on this pilot experience, a number of revisions and improvements have been identified by the KSA and Michigan project staff. These adjustments aim at improving the process and the quality of the main field production. Below is a brief summary of the main adjustments needed and a description of in which of the two proposals they are included:
For the Preparation, Monitoring and Implementation portion of the project (this proposal and budget), adjustments included are:
1. Instrument: Reduce instrument length, fix programming errors, test extensively, and review design (A-CASI voice, interviewer probes, section randomization, etc?);
2. Sample management: Add more address details, refine letter fields, change contact fields, and add case-related details feature to copy call information from screening to main;
3. Web-based management system: Add evaluation and verification components and modify daily field reports;
4. Consultation on sample design, sample management, generating and reviewing field reports.
For the Technical Training and Support portion of the project, the activities included are:
1. KSA Tech staff training and support;
2. Consultation on questionnaire improvements;
3. Blaise programming support;
4. Refresher training for help desk and data manager before field production;
5. Daily communication between data manger and help desk during the first phase of the main field production;
6. Documentation of common data management and help desk support tasks;
7. Interviewer training support during first phase of the production;
8. Field management support;
9. Field quality control monitoring support.
|Funding:||King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center|
Funding Period: 02/01/2012 to 01/31/2015
Country of Focus: Saudi Arabia