Country Information and Statistics
Search the PSC Library Catalog
Demographic and Health Surveys STATcompiler(DHS)
Select numerous countries and hundreds of indicators to create customized tables.
Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)(UM only)
Country profiles, CountryData, Market Indicators and Forecasts.
Human Development Report(UNDP)
Most recent report is online. Each report focuses on a highly topical theme in the current development debate with Human Development Indicators.
International Population Data Base
(US Census Bureau)
Computerized data bank containing statistical tables of demographic, and socio-economic data for 227 countries and areas of the world.
GenderStats (World Bank)
Gender statistics and indicators in demographic and socio-economic areas by country. Data sources for GenderStats include national statistics, United Nations databases, and World Bank-conducted or funded surveys.
The Library of Congress
A description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world and examines the interrelationships of those systems and the ways they are shaped by cultural factors.
Numerous studies and reports on poverty.
The State of the World's Children
Annual report with country data on births, deaths, nutrition, health, education, demography, economics, women, and rates of progress.
The State of World Population(UNFPA)
Annual publication from United Nations Population Fund with selected population and social indicators.
You can find official statistics produced by countries and compiled by United Nations data system, as well as estimates and projections. The domains covered are agriculture, education, energy, industry, labour, national accounts, population and tourism.
UN World Population Prospects
Official United Nations population estimates and projections.
UNESCO Institute for Statistics
Statistics on literacy, enrollment, national education systems, public expenditure on education etc.
UNICEF Statistical Data
Statistics arranged by country on population, mortality, immunization, sanitation, nutrition, education and reproductive health.
World Development Indicators
Coverage: 1960 -
Description: Economic development data from 551 statistical series for 224 countries and ethnic groups of the world, compiled by the World Bank. Specific series and countries/groups can be selected for specific year ranges, and data can be exported.
World Development Report(World
Full text of annual report addressing international economic issues and appendix of statistical tables provides country data with trends.
Information for every country, along with maps and appendices.
WHO Statistical Information System
Guide to health and health-related epidemiological and statistical information available from the World Health Organization, and elsewhere.
Belgium National Institute of Statistics
- National Bureau of Statistics
- China POPIN
- National Population and Family Planning Commission of China
- China Data Online - Statistical Yearbooks and Censuses (UM users only)
- China Survey Data Network
- National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies
- National Institute for Demographic Studies
- The Census - France
- Statistics Indonesia (BPS)
- National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT)
- Statistics Bureau and Statistics Center
- Statistics from Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Japan Statistical Yearbook
- Population Census
Malaysia Department of Statistics
Mexico National Institute of Statistics, Geography, and Informatics
Mongolia National Statistics Office of Mongolia
Mozambique Instituto Nacional de Estatistica
Netherlands Statistics Netherlands
Norway Statistics Norway
Central Statistical Office of Poland
Federal State Statistics Service
- National Institute of Statistics
- Population and Housing Census 2011
- Instituto Canario de Estadistica (In Spanish Only)
- Statisics Sweden
- Swedish Social Science Data Service, Goteborgs University
- Population and Housing Census, 1960-1990
- National Statistics (Population and Housing Census, Labor Force, Earnings and Productivity, Social Indicators )
- Ministry of the Interior Statistical Information Service (Life Tables, Yearbooks, etc)
- Department of Health (Health and Vital Statistics, Cause of Death, National Health Expenditure)
Uganda Bureau of Statistics
- Office for National Statistics
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- General Register Office for Scotland
- Victorian Census Project, Stafforshire University
- Census 2001