Getting to Know ISR
A Global Leader in Data Access, Stewardship and Training: ICPSR
Tuesday, 12/12/2017, 2:00pm. ARCHIVED EVENT
Location: 1430 ISR, 426 Thompson St, Ann Arbor 48104
ISR Perspectives presents Linda Detterman – ICPSR’s Marketing and Membership Director – as the next speaker in the ‘Getting to Know ISR’ series.
Detterman will discuss why ICPSR matters to you:
• How is ICPSR assisting scientists from over and research projects from over 40 disciplines to demonstrate research impact?
• Why do over 51,700 unique data users download over 2.5 million datasets from among the 76,000 datasets available (8,200 studies) available from ICPSR in a typical year?
• Why do nearly 1,000 participate in ICPSR’s Summer Program each year?
• Why are 763 institutions members of ICPSR paying an annual fee?
• Why do over 20 agencies, foundations, journals, and research projects utilize ICPSR’s infrastructure to share their on-demand and restricted-use data?
Data Curation – ICPSR’s data are organized, described, cleaned, enhanced, and preserved by ICPSR Staff for future use by scientists today and years from today. Curated data are monitored, tracked, and linked to research works inspired by those data. This session will introduce how it’s done and provide additional answers to the questions above.
Linda Detterman plans and manages outreach and product development activities of the ICPSR with the goal of increasing membership value and use of ICPSR data. Linda came to ICPSR from MORPACE International, a market research and consulting firm located in Farmington Hills, MI, where she was a Vice President of Planning and Research. She has also held marketing and strategic planning positions at Doner Advertising and The Los Angeles Times. She received her MBA from The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University and BA from Alma College.
All Welcome. Hosted by the ISR DACD Perspectives Committee.
If you need accommodations to participate in this event or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.