Data-Intensive Social Science Challenge
Thursday, 9/13/2018, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. ARCHIVED EVENT
Location: 10th floor, Weiser Hall, 500 Church St.
The Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS) invites poster submissions for the Data-Intensive Social Science Challenge Symposium on Sept 13..
** Posters must be submitted by Monday, Sept 10, 2018. **
This symposium offers a platform for all participants to explore collaboration opportunities and aims to attract more researchers to this area. The two Challenge Award teams will give in-depth presentations, and all participants are encouraged to submit posters on research related to data-intensive social science.
Preliminary Schedule for Symposium:
9 am: Introduction
9:05 am - 11:35 pm: Challenge Award presentations
- Matthew Shapiro and team
- Michael Traugott and team
11:35 am - 1 pm: Lunch, poster session and networking
1 - 2 pm: Panel discussion: The future of data-intensive social science research at U-M
- Martha Bailey, Professor, Economics, U-M
- Sara Heller, Assistant Professor, Economics, U-M
- Matt Shapiro, Professor, Economics, U-M
- Lisa Singh, Professor, Computer Science, Georgetown University
- Mike Traugott, Professor Emeritus, Communication Studies, Political Science, U-M