Contacts: Please see Administration Staff.
Contact staff early and often for assistance!
What we do:
Provide researchers, faculty, and trainees (pre- and post-docs) assistance in proposal preparation for both internal and external sponsors, including:
- Provide consultation and guidance on UM, federal, and sponsor guidelines
- Develop budget and budget justification
- Prepare and coordinate all non-technical proposal components
- Complete and route proposal through PSC, ISR and UM for internal review and approval
- Complete e-PAF (electronic Proposal Approval Form, internal UM form)
- Develop timeline with researchers to ensure an on-time proposal submission
- Submit completed final proposal to UM for submission to sponsor
- As soon as you think you may be submitting, but no later than 3 weeks before deadline, contact pre-award administration to discuss possible submission
- 10 business days prior to sponsor deadline, finalize budget and administrative shell components for internal administrative review and approval
- 4-5 business days prior to sponsor deadline, provide final technical pieces or final proposal for submission to sponsor