Life Course Research Network (LCRN) Panel Studies of Income Dynamics (PSID) Usergroup
Narayan Sastry, at the University of Michigan, is collaborating with a research team at the University of California, Los Angeles, to create a user group of researchers who use the Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID) to conduct studies pertaining to life course health development (LCHD). The scope of work under this project includes the following activities and deliverables:
· Disseminate outreach materials that inform LCHD researchers active in the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) and other professional organizations about the PSID, and especially the PSID Child Development Supplement and the PSID Transition into Adulthood Supplement.
· Provide technical assistance targeted at the groups identified above - for instance, provide appropriate study descriptions, answers to frequently asked questions, and forums for researchers to make connections with each other.
· Present a webinar targeted at the groups identified above that provides an introduction to PSID and its supplements, and that allows PSID staff members to answer user questions in real time.
· Attend the PAS meeting with an exhibition booth and/or poster presentation that highlights the PSID data and its use in LCHD research.
· Encourage researchers in the LCHD user group to participate in the annual one-week summer course introducing new researchers to the PSID that is offered in Ann Arbor, MI, through the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR).
· Encourage researchers in the LCHD user group to present their preliminary research in the annual PSID User Conference that is held in Ann Arbor, MI.
· Depending on interest, develop an online learning community comprised of individuals who participated in the summer course and/or user conference, and/or who are using the PSID for LCHD research.
Health Research and Services Administration
(subcontract: 1638 G UA197)
Funding Period: 9/1/2016 to 8/31/2017