Data Processing of American Psychological Association Data Sets
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), a Center in the Institute for Social Research of the University of Michigan
Peter Granda of ICPSR will provide oversight for all activities related to this project. The activities are:
1. ICPSR will develop a deposit form for Archives, based on standard forms already in use for other publication-related ICPSR datasets (projected to be ready for review by 1-15 February). Once the form is finalized, ICPSR will provide APA with the link where authors of accepted Archives manuscripts will be directed to deposit their data.
2. ICPSR to provide technical user support (as described in Task 6 in its data hosting proposal) to authors depositing their data and also to APA staff onducting review of the dataset
3. Process: Once a dataset is deposited by author, it will go through standard ICPSR review. At the same time, APA will provide ICPSR with details on how to transfer data to APA staff for our internal APA review.
4. APA will alert ICPSR when the dataset is deemed ?acceptable?, so it can be
archived/catalogued/preserved (note: if any glaring omissions/discrepancies are found at this stage by APA, we will ask authors to make any necessary corrections to files. Authors will then resubmit their dataset to ICPSR).
5. ICPSR will make provisions to supply APA (preferably through downloads to their secure server) with copies of datasets deposited at ICPSR for their review.
6. Once a dataset is approved by APA and is archived/catalogued/preserved by ICPSR, a DOI will be generated by ICPSR and sent to APA staff for inclusion in the article/dataset references.
7. APA will provide language to include on how ICPSR users can apply for data access. APA will review all of the applications to use Archives datasets. At least in the first year, approved data users will receive datasets from APA directly, rather than downloading them from ICPSR.
American Psychological Association
(Award Letter dated 04/08/2013)
Funding Period: 3/1/2013 to 8/31/2018